Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 4 - My Abs are Weak!

My wife and i were in different locations last night so we split the DVD's up.  i had the Legs & Back, with Ab-ripper X (she got the Yoga).

So had a great Legs & Back workout, my legs are already quite strong so really liked it.  Got busy on the pull ups as well.  My upper body is weak, but with some chair help i was happy with what i did.  It's a really good workout and Tony would be proud (i think :-)).

Now, after the good workout, i was ready for the Abs.  16 minutes, how hard could it be?  Well, for someone who hasn't done ab work in a long time it was bad!  I thought from my running and biking that i had decent core strength so had the mis-impression i'd be ok with the ab work.  Holy cow!  349 exercises later and i did not bring it!  i stayed through the whole workout, tried my best, but i need a telescope to see how far i've got to go with my abs!

2 more workouts to rest day.  not that i'm dying but a day off will be nice!

That's all for today, got to go out and enjoy the unseasonably warm sunny weather.

Thanks for showing up!

1 comment:

  1. Wife's comments - started the yoga thinking that this session would be my easy night.....OMG!!!! How wrong was I? An hour and a half long, intense and by far the hardest yet. Diet is hard to follow with our crazy schedules, but we're following the principles loosely to ensure we stay on course. Kids won't eat a lot of the fish and making 2 dinners a night is a wee bit beyond my domestic tolerance. Can't have our usual apres ski drink with friends because we reserve the workouts to nighttime. This will no doubt prove to be our greatest challenge. Here I thought snowshoeing up the escarpment was impressive - standing still compared to this program....but man....is ever amazing!!!! It really does work...already feeling the results.

    ReplyDelete