Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 18 - This Cobbler doesn't need foot spray

Yoga last night, 3rd time through it and really like it.  Not sure why I have not done yoga before, it feels really great on this old body and other than the ab work at the end (why can't we do that first to get it over with??) I really look forward to it.

Two poses stick out in my mind for no particular reason: The Cobbler and The Ploughman.  In his usual way Tony cracks a joke about needing foot spray for the Cobbler.  Well Tony, this boy needs no foot spray as my gut and inflexibility stop me from getting close enough to my stinky feet to worry about it!  And while I couldn't touch my feet to the floor over my head during the Ploughman, that pose felt really good!  I don't think I have stretched my back that much since those football days (funny enough this was a pose we had to do in football, but we'd never call it 'The Ploughman' for obvious reasons of juvenile behaviour that would accompany it).  

So, overall a great session again last night with my lovely lady friend, and I must say that spending about 1.5 hours every night doing exercises with my wife is worth the effort right there!

On to our Friday night session tonight.  This is such a fun one as we have to get home from work, pack for the weekend, get some sort of edible substance into our kids mouths, drive 2 hours (weather permitting) to get up north for the weekend skiing.  Unpack, maybe have to clean up the dog vomit in the car and get 'Bringing It'.  Not complaining (ok maybe a little) but makes for a long Friday night :-).

Over 200 visits now so thanks for Showing Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment