Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 20 - Real People - Really Us

Kenpo on Saturday night, the end of week 3 and boy did we ever sweat it out.  As Tony says, 'Real sweat, real people'.  This got me thinking, this is really us (my wife and I) showing up together every night, being ourselves, letting it all out, in our house.  And that is the big thing, it feels real, grounded and right.  We are taking care of ourselves and being ourselves.

So, Kenpo (or Ken-Pow! as I like to call it), felt good and we actually started to get the moves down, or at least understand what we were supposed to do.  I mean, come on, those 4-move combos aren't tiring but they sure are confusing the first time you do them .  I'm surprised that we didn't hit either ourselves or each other (not that we wanted to hit each other) but throwing around a lot of side kicks in the same room together can get dangerous!  We made it through the whole session with no injuries and thankfully the time flew by.

Now onto week 4 tonight, and the start of a new 1-week routine.

Thanks for showing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment